Seven things to know about Sunday Igboho as he dares Governor Makinde over quit notice in Igangan
Sunday Igboho has slammed Governor Seyi Makinde – The popular activist dared the Oyo governor to arrest him – Igboho said he cannot be threatened on the land of his ancestors
Sunday Adeyemo, a popular Yoruba activist popularly known as Sunday Igboho, has dared the government of Oyo state to arrest him following his “leave” order to Fulani herders in Igangan community. Igboho on Friday, January 22, stormed the town in Ibarapa East local government area of Oyo state after the expiration of his seven-day ultimatum to the Fulani herders mandating them to vacate the community.
Prestige News Online recalls that he had a week ago visited the community to issue quit notice to herdsmen residents in the area after accusing them of perpetrating criminal activities.
Sunday Igboho said nobody can arrest him, even Governor Seyi Makinde.
He was reportedly said to have insisted that Seriki, a popular herder, must leave the town, saying so many people fingered him to be behind the insecurity in the area.
Addressing the people of the community in a now-viral video, Igboho described Governor Seyi Makinde’s directive that no one can be evicted from the state as a joke. Igboho, who spoke in Yoruba language, dared the governor and accused him of backing the Fulani herders who are threatening the peace of Yoruba race. “Is it the Fulani’s that make the laws of the land? Have you forgotten when you were ‘bankrolling’ me when you wanted to become Governor and all I did for you all during the elections, and now you dare threaten me? “Well, I don’t believe that you are serious with your threats yet, until you bring all the soldiers and policemen to arrest me in my house, before I know you are serious. You are all fools.
“You are threatening me in my fatherland with Fulanis. You will not prosper.”
Meanwhile, Governor Seyi Makinde has maintained that no one has the right to ask anyone to leave any part of the country. Also in a tweet on Friday, the Oyo state governor also stressed that “enemies are not people of any tribe or ethnic group but anyone engaged in criminal activities.
“I pledged our administration’s support as they carry out their duties of maintaining law and order in our state. I restated that our enemies are not people of any tribe or ethnic group but anyone engaged in criminal activities in the state.”
Seven things to know about Sunday Igboho
In the ancient City of Ibadan everyone knows the name Sunday Igboho.
He is a politician and a grassroots mobiliser. He has a reputation for defending people against injustice.
One will probably ask a question “Why did Sunday choose the nickname “Igboho”?
During one of his interviews, he told a story about its origin. He said that people in Yoruba Land tend to give other inhabitants the “names” due to the place they live in.
His father was called “Baba Igboho” because he comes from Igboho.
As a result, Sunday got the name “Sunday Omo Baba Igboho”.
Here are few things to know about him:
1. Chief Sunday Adeniyi Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho was born October 10, 1972. He is a right activist and a politician.
2. He is the chairman of Adeson International Business Concept Ltd and popularly referred to as the Akoni Oodua of Yoruba.
3. He started off as a motorcycle repairer and then ventured into automobiles where he sells cars and was able to start Adeson business Concept.
4. He is married to two wives and has children, including three professional footballers in Germany.
5. He once worked with former Oyo Governor Rasheed Ladoja and became one of his most trusted aides. He became famous as a strong defendant of the Modakeke people in the Modakeke/Ife war between 1997 and 1998.
6. He gained social media tractions in January 2021 when he gave a week ultimatum to herdsmen in Ibarapa to vacate the land after the killing of Dr. Aborode.
7. He is believed to possess metaphysical powers and is a strong advocate for the Oduduwa republic.
news5 years ago
Osun Government presents 2015, 2016 audited accounts…sets record as the first state in Nigeria to publicly declare accounts
crime3 years ago
Arotile’s ex-classmate had no driver’s licence, report reveals
lifestyle6 years ago
Amazing Tips for an Outstanding Makeup
news2 years ago
2023: Kola Abiola Set To Declare For Presidency
entertainment4 years ago
sanwo-Olu honours sacked chaplain after Ambode’s wife saga
business3 years ago
#EndSARS: Access Bank announces N50 billion interest-free facility for businesses
entertainment4 years ago
See how Women now use toothpaste to tighten vagina
lifestyle3 years ago
US Church ‘refunds members three years tithes’ as help during COVID-19